Evaluation of Remediation with respect to Compulsory Environmental Liability Insurance
RiskCom evaluated an ongoing remediation in the context of possible outcomes with respect to compulsory environmental liability insurance. The site was contaminated by chemical solvents from a dry cleaning facility. All environmental aspects, as well as current operational procedures were evaluated.
The evaluation consisted of:
- Compiling the history of the facility with respect to contaminant releases into the subsurface.
- Delineating the extent of contamination in groundwater and shallow surface water bodies.
- Identifying appropriate remedial methods and their duration.
- Evaluating remedial success with respect to various remedial methods and the level of contaminant mitigation achieved.
- An assessment of future environmental risks associated with present operational processes including estimates of the probability of occurrence.